Thursday, October 23, 2008

Contagious enthusiasm

Steve Case wrote October 23:

"I saw the note on Dome-L that Rick had passed away, and I wondered why the name sounded so familiar to me. I'm relatively new to the planetarium community, so I wasn't sure where I had heard it before. The picture on this blog of the lunar eclipse taken outside our planetarium reminded me why the name rang a bell-- Rick took the job cleaning and painting our planetarium dome this winter. I was struck by how kind and enthusiastic he was. He did a great job and engineered an access panel for us to get behind the dome. His enthusiasm was contagious-- I have never known someone to be genuinely excited about cleaning and painting a dome, but he was and he took pride in his work. I think he knew that it was seemingly little things like that, when done excellently, that contributed to a planetarium's success."

-Steve Case, Strickler Planetarium

No comments:

Post a Comment